COVID-19: MESSAGE FROM TELFORD & WREKIN COUNCIL
HELP AVOID A LOCAL LOCKDOWN
There have been 6 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Telford and Wrekin during the week ending 30 August.
- The average number of infections in the last week was lower than the West Midlands and England averages.
- There has now been a total of 692 confirmed cases in Telford and Wrekin since the outbreak began.
There has been a significant decrease in confirmed cases this week compared to last week.
Thank you to everyone who has followed the rules, you have played your part in preventing the spread of the virus. Let’s keep these numbers down.
Continue to . . .
- If you have symptoms, you isolate, dial 119 and get tested.
- If you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace or the Council’s Health Protection team and you are a direct contact, you should isolate for 14 days. This is how we will contain any outbreak.
- To stop the spread in the wider community, we must all keep two metres apart, wash our hands regularly for at least 20 seconds and wear a facemask. You need to do all these things when you go out to work and in your free time.
- Keep your contacts to a minimum. If you socialise indoors, then socialise with only one other household.
If we keep this up we can get the numbers down again. We must all play our part to stop the spread and avoid a local lockdown.
More detail on the number of Coronavirus cases in Telford and Wrekin is available on our website View local figures