Madeley Town Council Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) on your computer (or laptop, phone, etc.) when you use our website. Cookies are used to provide customised content, access to the full functionality of the website and information on the use of the website.
By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your computer.
The cookies our website uses do not store any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify any particular user. All information about how you used our website is collected anonymously.
By accepting the cookies our website uses you help us to improve the user experience for you and many others. Please note that turning off cookies may limit your use of our website and the services provided.
• to check that cookies can be set
• to allow users to log in to the website
• to allow users to complete online forms
• to collect anonymous statistics relating to website visits
• to receive feedback, through a short survey, on the visitor’s opinion and experience of our website
Some features on this website will not function if you do not allow cookies.
You can restrict or block cookies set by our website but this may limit your use of some functionality, such as filling in forms and getting access to password protected areas.
Madeley Town Council uses third-party suppliers who also set cookies throughout our website on our behalf to deliver the services that they are providing or to record usage. More information on the cookies we and our third party suppliers set can be found below.
What cookies do we use?
Types of cookies
We use both ‘Session Cookies’, which expire once you close your web browser, and ‘Persistent Cookies’, which stay on your computer until they expire or you delete them – examples of both are below:
• Session Cookie – where you login to a website and it remembers that you are logged in as you navigatethe website. When you close the browser the cookie is deleted, as a result when visiting the website
again you would need to log in again.
• Persistent Cookie – if you were prompted to take part in a website survey and you completed thesurvey a persistent cookie would be stored on your computer to record that you have completed thatsurvey. This would prevent you being prompted with the survey each time you visited the website.
Cookies set when visiting www.madeleytowncouncil.gov.uk
Analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website, and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve your website experience and the services we provide. No personal information is collected about you or about your computer, all information collected is anonymous. The service we use is Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google.
For more details please visit the Google Privacy Centre.
Social media cookies
We use a number of social media tools and external applications to enhance visitor interaction on our website. If you already use these tools and applications their cookies may have been set before your visit to our website. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
We use these services on the basis that the third parties adhere to their privacy policies. Use the links below for more information on these policies:
How to manage your cookies
We recommend that you allow the cookies we set by this website as they help us to provide a better service. Disallowing our cookies will affect the functionality of this website.