The Madeley Partnership is a group of local business people, agencies and residents who have come together to promote Madeley and to find ways of improving the facilities and services in the town.
To inform this process, a study was commissioned from Staffordshire University. They carried out extensive consultation and produced a document Reassertion through Regeneration. The work of the Partnership is guided by this document.
To date, the Partnership has successfully bid for over £140,000 of funding from Telford & Wrekin Borough Towns Initiative. This has resulted in a number of improvements: –
- Hanging baskets
- Refurbishment of the pedestrian guard rails
- Refurbishment and anti graffiti treatment of the Russell Road/Parkway underpass
- ‘Madeley on the Map’ campaign, craft market and website http://www.madeleyonthemap.co.uk/
- Improved Christmas Lights
- Installation of a CCTV system
- Local Businesses are invited to enter their details on the Madeley on the Map Website